April 7, 2020
To our Clients and Partners,
Our families, friends, colleagues, and industry continue to confront the pandemic, the size and scope of which has rattled our economy and the health of our nation. Despite the challenges of daily life, Mediant remains optimistic that we will manage through this crisis and meet the commitments we have made to our clients, our partners, and of course, our employees. We recognize that frequent, transparent communication is the surest way to demonstrate to you our confidence in meeting this challenge head on. We are fortunate to have robust business continuity and pandemic response plans that are well thought out and actionable to achieve our objectives.
I would like to share with you our operational status and some of the highlights of our actions to date:
- Mediant is operating at full capacity. There has been no interruption in our print, fulfillment or other proxy /investor communication services.
- At this point, Mediant is on target to meet all client regulatory requirements to communicate with shareholders. As we enter the peak proxy season, we are actively monitoring every aspect of our business across our U.S. operations.
- Our operational platforms are hosted on Amazon Web Services. The migration last year has, without a doubt, provided additional layers of resiliency, security and confidence.
- Our infrastructure is scalable. This is a key component of our model: as trading volumes increase, the associated demand on electronic and hardcopy communications can be managed seamlessly.
- Our team members are working remotely as much as possible. Our client service professionals have been successful in staying connected with our clients and ensuring we meet our deliverables.
While about 70 percent of our work for clients is electronic (including distribution of shareholder communications and proxy voting), our print and fulfillment center does require staffing. The health and safety of our employees is a top priority and we are strictly adhering to CDC recommendations. As an additional precaution, our contingency facilities are fully operational.
We will bring you further developments as this situation evolves. We wish you all good health and safety. We are here for you and are committed to helping you navigate the changes ahead.
President & COO
To view the statement as a PDF, please click here.